Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Season 1 Ep: 5 "Minecraft: The Bay"

Ok. So I like stone structures, they show strength. They last a long time. Its classic. Minecraft, however, has an abundance in stone. An abundance of ugly ass stone. If you want to show you got class, you use wood. Wood is harder to get, and the components cost lots of wood. So I have to go out and find me a forest. On the opposite side of the hollow mountains is this nice plain with trees. You can see how the river from the bay bends off into the distance.

Photobucket

At first I went about it a silly way. I cut down the smaller trees I could reach. When the leaves or wood got too high up, I built an earthen ramp to reach it. This took forever and dulled my tools. It took so long that I spent the night on top of a platform one night... it was not fun. So I knew there had to be a better way. While I sat there, I had a brainstorming session. Finally it hit me. At daylight I hopped down and over to my shelter to get things in order.

Photobucket

As I chop downward the ladder pieces fall with the wood and I get them back very easily. Walking around up in the trees is a bit dangerous though, I decide to bring a lunch next time so help me out with getting hurt from being careless and falling. I aim for the large, massive trees that grow near the mountains. The wood from one of these trees easily equals that of 4 or 5 regular trees. While doing this, I realize a way to clear the leaves after I get all the wood out.

Photobucket

Unfortunately a sheep wondered too close to a burning pile of leaves. I tried to get some water, but by the time I had gotten back, the sheep was ashes. I would not feel so bad if it didn't burn the wool off before it dies.

Photobucket

With the wood that I now had, I decide that I need an easy way to get from my shelter to my soon to be home. I remember that the underground river cave actually opens up at the top to near the upper cave. I mine some stone from the mine near my shelter, and I go about organizing the cave. I add steps and I close in holes so that monsters can no longer hide. A few torches and I'm good to go.

Photobucket

The river was wild and went nowhere really. It made alot of noise but that was about it. I dam the river upstream and carve out the pool below so that the water is calm. It is a good source of fresh water now, and with the steps and wood platforms I can travel fast to the front or back of the mountain.

I had some left over wood, and a new found knowledge of water manipulation. I run down the coast to the waterfall just beyond the bay, near the cave I found with the coal. I dam the waterfall and I dredge the bottom of the river so that the water flows easily and reaches the bay with little effort. Next I construct a bridge so that I can easily cross.

Photobucket

The Bay is taking shape and I am able to move around much better than before. I am ready to start constructing my home, fort, lookout tower, light house, or whatever you want to call it. The conclusion to season one is near. Next, the 2 part episode detailing my building.

No comments:

Post a Comment