Thursday, November 18, 2010

S3 Minecraft Styxx Ep: 4

Season 3: Styxx
Episode 4 "Lake of the Damned"

The time has come.

I put up my fishing pole and my other gadgets, and I prepared to go back down into the darkness. I killed some pigs and cooked up some food. I shined up and put on my armor.

Photobucket

I've started trying to organize the cave a bit, I have an insanely good sense of direction, but I also have an insanely strong need to organize. So the first thing I'm doing is adding signs, and each sign will have torches arranged like this so I know it in the dark.

Photobucket

I went all the way down to the blocked in wall I made, and I opened it. So far I was able to edge my way in, and I saw no monsters. I also did not hear any, so I started looking around.

Photobucket

The area I called Lake of the Damned looked a lot less damned than before. Last time, if you haven't read the post, I killed almost 10 creatures before building a wall to block them from coming. Now, I see nothing... well not nothing actually, a beautiful room full of waterfalls.

Photobucket

Some redstone, that's exciting. Some lava at the end there, meeting the lake. I hear that's how Obsidian can occur. I do not have any diamond though, so its not very important.

Photobucket

I crossed the water towards the waterfall on the far left of the screen shot before this one. This screen shot is me behind it. Some iron here, so I started digging and found a cave that lead a bit farther back.

Photobucket

Its hard to tell from the pics, but I'm now behind the lava that was in the other pictures. I get back here and there's some really nice ore, and on top of that I figure I can get a really nice picture of the room from back here. I get in position and see this:

Photobucket

Yep, that's a creeper! But its not getting into the water. It doesn't actually see me, so I pull my bow out. Now, you non-players don't know this, but a creeper takes 5 arrows.. this one died after 2. Weird, he must have fallen from somewhere and injured itself.

So I decided I should get something for this non-climax of a situation. I left a room full of undead, and I return to find a half dead creeper. So I start mining the red stone behind the waterfall. I then came to some mud, I figured what the heck, I'll see how close I am to the adamantite(unbreakable bedrock).

Photobucket

I find some! and I'm just about to turn back and return home, when I see a new sort of sparkle in the dark.

Photobucket

DIAMOND! The rare of rare, diamond is the best material for items. It can even break obsidian. Obsidian is so hard that creepers can't scratch it. I am able to get just a handful of diamonds. Now with the most valuable substance in my bags, I decide I need to return home and put them in a safe place.

Here are my rewards.

Photobucket

That's a ton of redstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment