Tuesday, November 16, 2010

S3 Minecraft: Styxx Ep 2

We left off last time in desperate retreat. I had seen one skeleton, but as I ran I realized there were two skeletons doing a tag team on me. I ran out and started my way up the mine when I realized that I had done something stupid... I could easily be knocked off. I turned to look for a safer ledge, and saw just how many arrows were coming for me.

Photobucket

I pulled out my pick and I created a quick hiding hole in the wall where there was already a short clearing. I then realized the skeletons are in just as much danger as I was... I pulled out my sword, and I knocked them down into the abyss where I never saw them again.

Photobucket

Now it was time for me to go into that abyss. It was not but a few meters down that I saw some more light.

Photobucket

I cautiously headed toward the light. The bottom of the mine was finally reached, and it branched into several areas. I wanted to explore the light I had seen. Lava coursed through the area, and then while looking at the lava I came across another sight

Photobucket

Red stone has a number of uses in Minecraft. The most complicated technlogies required it, and I knew that it was only found in the deepest of mines. This is the kind of stuff I was after, I slowly mined a walkway so I could possibly reach the stuff, I was worried it was too close to the lava.

Photobucket

Lava spits what looks like solid pieces of lava out and onto the ledges sometimes, and I do not know if it can harm me. Further more, it has a hiss similar to Creepers, so I am fully paranoid while walking near it. Eventually though, I have claimed my prizes.

Photobucket

I mined around, and it was very dangerous here. Lava destroys anything that falls in it, and I lost a few chunks of coal and one or two pieces of redstone dust to the firey liquid. While digging I thought I had uncovered some more iron... but at second look and I realized I had another first

Photobucket

GOLD! I have no clue what Gold is currently useful for, but I know its one of the most rare ores on the map. In the future I am sure it will have a great use, so I mined what I could. I got about 4 blocks of it before there was too much lava in the area to explore for more.

Next I walked down a pathway that was on the opposite side of the lava. It extended into a little hallway. As I approached, I heard the trickle of water. I cleared a few stone to make it easier to walk, and then was met with:

Photobucket

A room full of waterfalls! There were at least 3 waterfalls draining from the ceiling into a lake in the room. I could barely see the lake because the room was so very dark.

Photobucket

Almost immediatly I was hit with an unknown amount of arrows. I know with full iron armor, I was almost dead in a few seconds. I retreated, ate some food to fill my health, and hid... waiting for my attackers. In the following 5 minutes I killed no less than 3 zombies and 3 skeletons, and the arrows did not stop. It was crazy... I was worried about losing my new ores. So I did the only thing I could think of.

Photobucket

I blocked the room and resolved to return one day to the Lake of the Damned, more prepared and with less fear.

For now, I had some new goodies to take home.

No comments:

Post a Comment