Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Season 1 Ep: 4 "Minecraft: The Bay"

When I last left you, I had explored the mountains in view of my home. While it was exciting for me, it was not really advancing my current goal of making the bay a habitable and logical "Home Base". I identified that I needed to explore, but it was behind my "home" mountain that I had not seen. So I proceeded to check it out.

Immediately rounding the corner, I see the large mountain that is sort of a "sister" mountain to my home mountain. It has a giant hole in it that almost looks like an eye. I decided to call this Cyclops mountain after the mythical giants with one eye. Directly in front of this was an arch that I had to go through to reach the back of my home mountain. It looked disturbingly like someone shot a cannon through 2 mountains now that I look at it in the pictures...

Photobucket

Anyway, it was on the other side I was facing that I saw this huge monolithic shape appear on my horizon. I got closer and saw an amazing looking mountain that after some thought I've named Anvil Mountain.

Photobucket

While I was looking at Anvil mountain I realized that my mountain had several caves in the back. One obviously lead strait through where I was planning on building a lookout fort. The other lead to an unexpected location. I illuminate them in these pictures but you can see that it lead to the underground river near my home!

Photobucket

Then things got CRAZY. While looking at my home I heard a sound, a "uhhhhhhhhhh" kind of sound. I went to my home and I closed my door and grabbed my sword. When I rounded the corner, I was met by this!

Photobucket

HOLY CRAP, zombies are real and they just happen to be invading my home area. I fought off this one eventually, but it scratched me up something awful. As the sun came up, I was able to see it was a whole gaggle(herd? crowd? flock?) of zombies. I recalled that in the movies the zombies couldn't survive during the day, and sure enough as the sun rose higher they caught fire. I thought I was in the clear.

Photobucket

Except apparently they take a while to die from fire!

Photobucket

I had to kill a zombie... that was on fire! How could it get worse than a zombie on fire? Fire is scary enough. Zombies are freaking mind blowing. Flaming Zombies are pure nightmare fuel. I survived the night and survived the morning and decided I needed to kick things in to high gear and get some stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment