Friday, March 11, 2011

Season 4 Episode 8: Paintings

Well I saw a huge drop in readership a little while ago and thought no one was reading my page. Turns out I got de-listed somehow from Minecraft's forums. So I'll give it another go.

Season 4 Episode 8: Paintings

Well, where to begin. I went into my screenshots to see what I had been up to. I keep screenshots for myself because I do this for my own enjoyment.

I just finished my new home at where I plan the mouth of the river to be. At first I was not going to do the whole railway thing of connecting from 2 different ends, but I kind of feel like living in my new home.

So I started by cleaning out the delta.

Photobucket

This is very close to the front of my house, but I kind of wanted a view of the water from my porch. So after clearing just 1 layers(cakewalk compared to what I had been doing), I let the water through.

Photobucket

I sat there at my porch and realized that something was missing. It didn't feel like the mouth of a river. It didn't feel like a delta. What was it that deltas have that this river doesn't... oh! Multiple exit streams!

Photobucket


So now that feels good. Good and easy... now I have to get back to doing the grunt work of clearing real land.

Photobucket

But not yet. I went into my home that night and felt like it was missing something. I recently had tons of wool since the new patch added some stuff I could do with it. So I decided to make the dump look a little better.

Photobucket

That's how you make a painting, which is something I had not done yet. I fiddled around with placing pictures. There isn't a 3 space wide picture, so I had to put a small one over the couch. I recently bought myself a new big screen, so I thought it a shame that my TV in my new home wasn't even turned on. So I put something special on it. Here's a look at the new place with some paintings.

Photobucket

Tomorrow is the weekend, so I'll have a weekend post. I have a TON of new episodes coming, and a TON of new episodes worth of content to actually DO in game, so I'll be around :D

As always, your comments inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment