Sunday, March 20, 2011

Season Finale Season 4: Success.

Months ago, around 6 months ago, I embarked on a journey in my new world. I wanted to see the ocean. I had gotten a glimpse of it over Rose Point, but the mountains were too large and too steep to ever be practical to me. So I set forth following a series of ponds, and between several mountains, and I made it to the ocean.

On the way back to the bay I came across this site.

Photobucket

I thought it remarkably looked like a river bed. There was no water around, so the idea in my head was that this valley was indeed once a course of a river. This idea sparked the thought to trace my way back to The Bay and see if there was a logical course a river once flowed from it to the ocean, and I actually did find a nice course an ancient river could have traveled.

That was when I started my river. I had practical reasons for it, those reasons will be recounted at a future date, for now only one thing was left.

Photobucket

The area in red signifies how close I am to the upper part of the river. I am standing on the last piece of sand of the dry river bed, and about 4 blocks below the red area there is the river.

Photobucket

That last part worried me. I had known that the river was ocean level, but I did not know if the sand went down to ocean level. I suddenly got worried that if I dug the sand to the correct depth that there wouldn't be a river bed anymore... luckily as the screen shot demonstrates, the sand was quite deep.

Perfect.

I cleared some sand to ocean level, and then set on the final tasks.

Photobucket

This is the delta side of the river, the one near Sugarland. If you look at the screenshot you can see that the river is flowing toward a small earthen dam.

Photobucket

Now we have quarry side broken and rushing to the riverbed, the river is so close to living again it can feel it. The waters rush toward each other with only one last hurtle.

Photobucket

But I can't just let them meet yet. There needs to be ceremony. There needs to be opulence. This is the most important event in the history of The Bay.

Photobucket

That's more like it. Just like the East and West of the US was united by a golden railroad spike, a golden shovel shall burst the dams...

Photobucket

Oh what a long time and oh what effort it has taken to get this far. How far?

Here's a sample:

Photobucket

I do not have a map of the original world untouched, so I colored in the areas that had been altered in this map from around November. You can see though, the massive effort this took.

Season 5 to come! We're going back to The Bay!!! Its time to upgrade the facilities, and prepare for colonization of the oceans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment