Wednesday, March 23, 2011

S5 E2: Lookout Renovations

I arrived into Fort Lookout through the back door... the only real entrance I guess. I still like that there is only one real entrance. Anyway, I see that I had NO plan for function for this place. Zero.

Photobucket

I have looked out into this area many times, waiting for dawn before I had a watch. I decided I needed a chair here to sit. Once it was there, I realized it had this kind of Star Trek captain's chair about it. I like that. I imagine if someone was on guard duty they would need a place to sit and watch out over the entire bay for boats and such.

Photobucket

There was always a wall here of natural rock that I thought would make the place look more.. natural form afar. Minecraft just does not support that kind of detail because of the glass graphic, so I decided this would be the start of the new area.

Photobucket

I was not sure that the area here was solid. I had heard creatures before and did not know if it was from the roof or a hidden cave somewhere around Fort Lookout. Luckily it went solidly through.

Photobucket

Just as I planned. Turns out that the observation deck is on the level with the back storage room. This hallway leads directly to it, connecting the observation platform.

Photobucket

Directly from the back room I hollowed out the area next to the chest. It too was solid, something of a surprise considering this whole Fort was built inside natural hollow cavern.

Photobucket

I widened it a bit and then proceeded to cover it all with wood so that it looked classy and finished. I kind of like the finished look of this former cave, so I am going to keep it where I am able.

Photobucket

Here's some TMI for you... I am a "HGTV Home of the Year" sweepstakes junky. Whenever they have it, I enter daily like a mad man thinking I even have a chance. Well this year's home featured a ski lodge, something I "planned" to turn into a movie theater when I won(yea right). Well I like the idea of bunk rooms in my Forts now.

Photobucket

Fin

Now to the next room... but you'll have to wait till next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment