Thursday, June 20, 2013

Blog news June 20th, 2013

I like things with beginnings and endings.

That's just how I am.  I generally do not read a book series until it is completed.  I do not watch TV shows with an ongoing story, unless it has ended on a good note(dodged a time wasting bullet with Lost).

With that in mind, I loved my work on Dungeons and Colonies.  It felt like I began something, progressed in it, and finished it.  The only thing is, just like when I finish a long JRPG, I kind of want a break.  I had some prospects about what game I'd go with next.  I do keep personal journals about many games that allow room for me to form my own narrative, but most are too long to fit into a 30 part series.  Morrowind is something I am playing, and I'd guess I'm only about 1/2 way done, if that, and it would span probably 90 parts by itself, so that's out.

Gamedev Tycoon.  SimCity, FTL and a few others have crossed my mind as well.

I can't say when inspiration will come, D&C was a blast and actually got me a lot of views, and I'm happy if you enjoyed it.  I hope you come back when I do start something new, but I am not really a content provider.  I don't take advertisement money, I don't do this as a job like some Youtube people do, and so I will not force myself through a new series just to keep revenues up.  I see this on many Youtube channels now.  Earlier content was full of joy and happiness, they loved doing it, but now, 2 or 3 years later, it IS their job, and you can tell by their lackluster commentary, or their frequent skipping around games trying to find something that ignites their enthusiasm.

That is not my lot in life.

Till you come by my fireside and listen to a new story that I tell, I hope you are successful in what you do, and most of all, I hope you find ways to have fun and escape from this world for a while.

Skypp a.k.a. Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment